This Ed.M. in Learning, Cognition and Development program from Rutgers University serves as an enriching theoretical background for the education professional and/or a foundation for further study at the doctoral level. The study of how human beings learn, think, and grow forms the academic core of a variety of educational careers and applied doctoral programs and allows the student with an interest in psychology to obtain a master’s degree while keeping options open concerning future employment and/or possible doctoral training.
The program’s learning goals are:
- Attain mastery of psychological constructs and theories relevant to learning, cognition and development.
- Appropriately apply these psychological constructs and theories to educational settings and related applied contexts.
- Achieve skill in the critical evaluation of empirical evidence related to the psychology of education.
- Attain competence in oral and written communication on topics within educational psychology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psychology of Learning
- Educational Psychology: Theories of Cognition & Instruction
- Cooperative and Collaborative Learning
- Cognitive and Motivational Learning Strategies
- Motivation in the Classroom
- Seminar in Learning, Cognition, and Development
- Cognition and Memory
- Cognition and Language from Birth to Eight
- Language Acquisition
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3548 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applications can be completed online or obtained from the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions
- A complete listing of degree requirements for the on-campus program is available for download.
- For information regarding the online LCD program, please review the brochure. A complete listing of degree requirements for the online program is also available for download.
- Accepted students will have 5 years to complete the program, from the beginning of any course work to be counted toward the program.
International30144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15072 USD per semester and a duration of 60 months.
National30144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15072 USD per semester and a duration of 60 months.
In-State17736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8868 USD per semester and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.