Located in the heart of New Jersey’s pharmaceutical corridor, the thesis and non-thesis options of the Chemical and Biochemical Engineering program of Rutgers University combine a robust curriculum with ample opportunities for research, practical training, and forging industry connections.
Academics and Research
- Students enjoy many opportunities for research under the guidance of our expert faculty.
- Cross-disciplinary researchers from major universities come together at centers such as the Center for Structured Organic Particulate Systems (C-SOPS), which is improving how pharmaceuticals and other products are manufactured, and the Catalyst Manufacturing Center.
- Cutting-edge equipment includes Raman spectrometer with confocal microscope, gas-phase kinetic reactors, high-performance imaging systems, and thermogravimetric analyzer, along with advanced computational resources and software systems.
- Advanced Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Advanced Transport Phenomena I: Momentum Transfer
- Advanced Transport Phenomena II: Heat and Mass Transfer
- Kinetics, Catalysis, and Reactor Design
- Analytical Methods in Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Biology General Engineering & Technology View 254 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Rutgers University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Resume, personal statement, official transcript, and three letters of recommendation
- Your personal statement should explain your motivation for graduate study and your interests in further study in Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
- PhD and research-oriented MS applicants should also discuss areas of research and potential faculty advisors they are interested
- The GRE General test is not required for MS/ME applicants. However, if available, the submission of such scores is encouraged
International30912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15456 USD per semester during 12 months.
National30912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15456 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State18180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9090 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.