The Engineering Management MSc program from University of Texas at Austin provides results-based learning through flexible two-year program, offering the unique opportunity to obtain your degree while working full time.
- The Engineering Management Master's Degree Program is specifically designed to provide business management and technical skills to engineering professionals.
- It's more than an engineer's alternative to an MBA; we are training tomorrow's technical leaders to be equipped to lead technical organizations.
- The program includes foundation courses in economics, negotiations, marketing, decisions analysis and innovative product design that will help improve efficiency, product delivery, budgeting and decision-making.
- Our instructors deliver a breadth of experience in risk analysis, venture financing and legal issues related to new projects, products and services.
- Instructors also focus on teaching from an executive perspective on managing technical, business and human performance processes to achieve corporate goals.
Graduates with Engineering Management from University of Texas at Austin will:
- gain core business fundamentals and engineering tools to manage technical, business, and human-performance processes,
- better manage, change, and achieve their company’s goals.
- Managing People and Organizations
- Legal Issues for Engineering Managers
- Management of Projects and Processes
- Strategic Decision and Risk Analysis
- Creativity, Innovation, and Product Development
- Engineering Economics
- Projects in Engineering Management
- Marketing in an Engineering Environment
- Art and Science of Negotiations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Management, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology View 1711 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- Bachelor of science in engineering, engineering technology or related technical field. Other degrees may be eligible but applicants will not be admitted with deficiencies.
- An upper-division GPA of 3.0 is recommended.
- A minimum of 18 months of industry-related experience is required, at time application is submitted.
- College transcripts – uploaded official transcripts are considered unofficial but are sufficient for application review.
- Official transcripts bear the facsimile signature of the registrar and the seal of the issuing institution. Transcripts from U.S. colleges or universities must have been produced within the last calendar year, and transcripts written in a language other than English must be accompanied by a translation.
- Official Test Scores (GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS)
- Pay the Application Fee
International23000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46000 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National23000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46000 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.