The University of Chicago approved the creation of the Department of Public Health Sciences within the Division of the Biological Sciences in Spring of 1993.
- We study individual, collective, environmental and organizational factors that affect the health of human populations, as well as methods for carrying out such research.
- Department members draw on the disciplines of statistics, epidemiology, genetics, psychology, sociology, demography and economics in the study of health, health care and biomedical science from a population perspective.
- The Department provides a unique environment where cross-disciplinary research in these areas of inquiry can flourish.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Department has students and faculty in the disciplines of biostatistics, epidemiology, and health services research. In addition, the Department provides methodologic expertise to researchers in other departments through Biostatistics Laboratory.
- The Biostatistics Laboratory has 9 full-time biostatisticians, epidemiologists, and computer scientists. They have active collaborations with every clinical department in the Biological Sciences Division, as well as projects involving faculty members throughout the University.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1374 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Candidate statement: Applicants will be required to submit a statement discussing their academic and career objectives and describing why they believe the University of Chicago MPH program is a good fit.
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Transcripts: Transcripts are required from every post-secondary academic institution where an applicant has taken three or more courses, unless the courses and grades appear on the transcript from your home institution.
- Three letters of recommendation: Recommendations should speak to your academic ability, personal strengths, and aptitude to be successful in the program. You may include both academic and professional references.
- $90 application fee
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores (if required): Read the FAQ to learn more about English language requirements.
- GRE scores are optional.
International6099 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6099 USD per module during 12 months.
National6099 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6099 USD per module during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.