- The Bioengineering program of University of Pennsylvania provides students with a customized curriculum designed to prepare them to function creatively and independently in industry, research and development, government or academia.
- The master's degree program provides rigorous and advanced training in engineering with a focus on biological and medical sciences. The flexible curriculum allows students to select their own graduate coursework in math, biomedical sciences, bioengineering, and other science and engineering disciplines. The University of Pennsylvania has a "one university" philosophy, and students may register for courses from any School in the University. Our students typically take courses in the Schools of Engineering, Arts and Sciences, and Medicine.
Bioengineering graduate courses (must be BE courses)
SEAS and or Biomedical Science Electives
general elective course from any science or engineering discipline
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 365 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Pennsylvania and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Biographical information (part of the online application)
- Personal Statement
- Two  official Letters of Recommendation
- Unofficial Transcript – submitted with application
- $80 non-refundable application fee
- GRE scores
- English language proficiency tests
International7884 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7884 USD per module during 18 months.
National7884 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7884 USD per module during 18 months.
- Tuition per 1 course
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.