If you’re looking for a flexible, online accounting master’s program that fits into your busy life and will help you advance an accounting career in the public or nonprofit sector, then the Master’s in Governmental Accounting from Rutgers University is for you.
Taught by industry leaders, our program is designed to prepare you in the rapidly expanding field of government financial management, accounting, and auditing.
At just 30 credits, you can complete this program part-time as you work, and even in as little as a year, while fulfilling the additional credits required to sit for the New Jersey CPA exam.
- 100% online convenience
- No GMAT required – get started right away
- Great value for government employees – in-state tuition for New Jersey residents is now extended to all out-of-state residents enrolled in the program.
- 4-course online graduate certificate program available – credits can be applied toward master's degree
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting for Managers
- Advanced Topics in Governmental Accounting
- Concepts in Auditing
- Design and Development of Information Systems
- Ethical Issues in Public Financial Management
- Government Budgeting Systems
- Governmental Accounting and Auditing
- Public Financial Management
- Public Sector Auditing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAccounting View 147 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- Application fee (non-refundable) of $70.00
- Official Transcripts
- GMAT/GRE Test Results
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
- You must provide two letters of recommendation
- Submit your current resume
- International Applicants: International students (those seeking an F-1 visa) are not eligible for this program.
International1256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1256 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National1256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1256 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 300 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.