This interdisciplinary Master of Arts program in Computational Linguistics from Brandeis University provides a solid foundation for professional work in the field or pursuit of a Ph.D. in computational or theoretical linguistics. This foundation enables our graduates to excel inburgeoning fields such as:
- speech recognition
- automated text analysis
- information retrieval
- machine translation
- web search
- "Big Data"
For-credit internships are available in the second year of study, along with the opportunity to conduct research within the department.
Brandeis is a world-class research university with a collaborative, liberal arts atmosphere, just minutes from the Cambridge and Boston area's 'technology corridor' and a plethora of job and internship opportunities, research labs, and connections to key industry players. Our vibrant computational linguistics program draws on the expertise of faculty members and innovative interdisciplinary research from:
- computer science (artificial intelligence, theory of computation, and programming methods)
- language and linguistics (phonology, syntax, semantics, and pragmatics)
- cognitive science
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Programming in Java and C
- Advanced Programming Techniques
- Data Structures and the Fundamentals of Computing
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
- Mathematical Methods in Linguistics
- Phonological Theory (recommended)
- Syntactic Theory
- Formal Semantics: Truth, Meaning, and Language
- Architecture of Conversation: Discourse and Pragmatics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Artificial Intelligence Linguistics View 721 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application
- Standardized test scores or a graded analytical paper
- English Proficiency
- A letter of recommendation
International53500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53500 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National53500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 53500 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.