The 33-credit hour program is offered in an intensive 12-month format designed for the full-time student or a part-time, two-year format designed for the working professional. Designed for individuals with quantitative backgrounds, the two tracks are geared towards recent graduates with strong analytical backgrounds looking to gain a competitive edge before entering the job market, or professionals working in analytics and looking to further develop their analytic skills.
Our faculty members have worked extremely hard in developing a program that has a rigorous and balanced curriculum, and that addresses the growing need for Analytics professionals in organizations. We are very excited about our mission to prepare students for outstanding careers in helping organizations succeed through Analytics! For more details on the current demand for analytics professionals and how George Washington University's MS in Business Analytics helps meet that demand, please visit our Careers in Analytics site.
The curriculum is a distinctive blend of foundation-level courses in Descriptive, Predictive, and Prescriptive Analytics (Methods), elective courses in Analytics applied to a specific functional area or an industry (Applications), workshops in communication, team, and project management (Skills), and hands-on exposure to industry standard Analytics tools/software (Technology).
Developed in collaboration with the Department of Decision Sciences, I2SDS, and the School of Business, GW’s MSBA program offers a curriculum that prepares students for successful careers helping organizations make better decisions through Analytics.
Demand for analytics professionals is growing rapidly, and our faculty have worked with organizations such as IBM and Deloitte to develop a rigorous and balanced curriculum to train our students in the analytic skills needed by top employers.
The curriculum encompasses the technical, quantitative and qualitative skills for effectively developing, deploying and communicating business analytics solutions.
- To prepare students for successful careers helping organizations make better decisions through analytics. The MSBA Program is designed to prepare students for the data driven business world of the 21st century and to balance students with leadership aspirations with both the technical and quantitative skills and abilities necessary to effectively utilize data and strong communication, organizational management and general consulting knowledge. Graduates of our program are capable of transforming large, unclean data sets into usable and actionable information, while also presenting and communicating these results and recommendations to business leaders in order to create results and enact change.
- The MS in Business Analytics curriculum provides a deep foundation in the methodologies and technologies of analytics, as well as the team and project skills necessary to apply them in the real world.
- Understand how analytics can improve decisions throughout an organization’s value chain and how to assess and improve the analytic competency of a firm.
- Understand the different forms of analytics (descriptive, predictive and prescriptive) and develop a sound understanding of the methods used in each.
- Develop hands-on experience with analytical tools and software that are widely used in practice including emphasis on the SAS tools suite, R Programming, Python, SQL, no-SQL, Tableau and other current and trending technologies.
- Understand the dynamics of leading and participating in successful analytics teams and projects.
- Develop an ability to communicate the analysis and findings of an analytics project in an effective manner to decision makers and policymakers..
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Business Analytics
- Data Warehousing for Analytics
- Programming for Analytics
- Stochastic Foundations: Probability Models
- Statistics for Analytics
- Data Mining
- Forecasting for Analytics
- Optimization Methods and Applications
- Decision and Risk Analytics
- Computational Optimization
- Marketing Metrics
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Supply Chain Risk Analytics
- Investment Analysis/Portfolio Management
- Pricing and Revenue Management
- Social Network Analytics
- Business Process Analytics
- Sports Analytics
- Visualization for Analytics
- Project Portfolio Management
- Business Analytics Skills Workshop
- Business Analytics Practicum
- 16 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We will continue to accept decision files after May 1 on a rolling basis until August 1.
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics View 310 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s Degree:
- Strong Academic Performance
- Completed Online Application
- Current Résumé
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Official Transcripts
International1825 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1825 USD per credit during 16 months.
National1825 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1825 USD per credit during 16 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.