The Water Science and Management program at New Mexico State University will train researchers to meet current and emerging water challenges, including:
- Improved agricultural water use efficiency
- The need to reduce aquifer vulnerability
- Improved watershed management for community water supplies
- Affordable urban and agricultural conservation measures
- Increased economic development from use of abundant brackish groundwater
- Greater flexibility for adapting water use patterns to drought and climate change
In addition to research qualifications, program graduates will compete well for professional jobs. A recent extensive survey of regional and national employers found a strong and diverse market for the program’s graduates.
- Economics of Water Resource Management and Policy
- Watershed Methods and Management
- Irrigation and Drainage
- Statistical Inference
- Statistical Hydrology
- Arid Land Water Resources
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Natural Resource Management View 131 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in United States
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree – from an accredited university with a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale. However, students with grade point averages between 3.0 and 3.5 will be given consideration, this degree being preparatory to the Water Science and Management degree.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Letter of Intent or Statement of Purpose
- Brief Resume or Curriculum Vitae
International19032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19032 USD per year during 12 months.
National19032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19032 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6189 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6189 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Las Cruces
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.