Why graduate school?
- While entry level engineering requires only a bachelor’s degree, advancement hinges on a higher level of education and training. Master’s degree requirement is increasing in the engineering industry, and doctoral degrees continue to be essential for high level research as well as for academic teaching and research positions.
- According to payscale.com a Master’s in mechanical engineering can, in just the first five years, net you up to $36,000 more than your expectation for a BS entry level position.
- An advanced degree enhances your potential for specialized focus areas.
Why Mechanical Engineering at New Mexico State University?
- With over a century of tradition and excellence, research is the foundation of the Mechanical Engineering Graduate Program.
- Our Mechanical Engineering graduates are highly sought after by companies and government laboratories including: Los Alamos, Sandia National Laboratories, NASA White Sands, US Army, IBM, Dell, GM, Ford, and Delphi Automotive Systems. Many students complete their M.S. studies at NMSU and continue on for the Ph.D. degree at NMSU and other universities.
- We offer programs of study, comparable in content and requirements to other universities and colleges of engineering.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Aeroelasticity & Fluid Structure Interaction
- Dynamics & Vibrations
- Fluid Mechanics
- Robotics and Controls
- Solid Mechanics & Materials
- Thermal Science and Energy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 307 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduate School does not require transcript evaluations as part of the application process but reserve’s the right to request an evaluation should there be a concern or question regarding the academic record.
- If the GPA calculation by the Graduate School does not correspond to the applicant’s idea of equivalency, the applicant is welcome to have the academic record evaluated by a third party evaluator.
International17743 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17743 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National17743 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17743 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State5753 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5753 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.