The MS in Applied Information Technology provides a high quality curriculum for students seeking to pursue their careers in the leading IT areas including:
- Cyber Security
- Big Data Analytics
- Knowledge Mining
- Data Analytics in Social Media
- Cyber-Human Interaction
The comprehensive education and developmental experience earned in this Applied Information Technology (Cyber Security Concentration) program is essential for aspiring IT leaders.
The ideal applicant will have several years of professional experience after earning a BS degree, strong work performance, a working knowledge of information technology, an increasing leadership role and responsibilities with the potential for even broader and higher level assignments, and an unwavering commitment to his or her technical, analytical, and management skill sets.
The MS in Applied Information Technology from George Mason University provides the very best graduate education in IT for high-potential leaders, especially those working on IT solutions that affect the federal government, industry or non-profit.
The program leverages scholarship, academic research, and industry best practices, processes, and methodologies in the areas of information technology (IT), including Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics and Intelligence Methods, and Cyber-Human Systems.
Graduates of this program find jobs that focus on the application of IT, including:
- Cyber Security Consultant (Analyst, Engineer, Architect)
- Intelligence Analyst
- Business Systems Analyst
- Project Management Analyst
- Senior Systems Administrator
- Senior IT Consultant
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Algorithms and Data Structures Essentials
- Database Management Systems
- Fundamentals of Computing Platforms
- Information: Representation, Processing and Visualization
- Cyber Security Fundamentals
- Cloud Computing Security
- Secure Software Development
- Network and Systems Security
- Incident Handling and Penetration Testing
- Topics in Applied Information Technology
- Identity and Access Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
30-36 credits total
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 202 other Masters in Cyber Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited school
- A GPA of at least 3.00 in the 60 highest-level credits
- Experienced in the fundamentals of IT and quantitative methods
- International students must have a TOEFL score of 230 (575 if paper-based). A minimum score of 250 (600 if paper-based) is required for international applicants seeking Graduate Assistantships.
- Graduate application
- Application fee
- Two official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Goals statement
International1394 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1394 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1394 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1394 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State616 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 616 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.