Whether you are in the early stages of your career or have years of experience under your belt, our program prepares you for key positions in Real Estate Development and investment. From day one, you will see how your professors’ real-world industry expertise enriches your classroom experience.
George Mason University faculty members go beyond their teaching responsibilities and serve as mentors to promote your professional growth. Our interactive class structure encourages you to contribute your own personal experiences while acquiring new perspectives from your classmates.
Our cross-disciplinary curriculum brings real-world experience into the classroom through case studies, site tours, problem-solving simulations, and guest lectures.
Learn practical skills to lead and manage every aspect of real estate development, including:
- Market Analysis and Site Selection
- Investment Feasibility and Financial Analysis
- Entitlements and Site Planning
- Construction and Project Management
- Disposition/Sales Strategies
In partnership with George Mason University's Center for Real Estate Entrepreneurship, we provide students with the unique opportunity to connect with the Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C., real estate development community.
As a student in the MS in Real Estate Development program, our dedicated career services team offers you personalized career consulting services for life. That means throughout your time in the program and even after you graduate, you will have access to our career services and our broad network of employers. We also connect our students to recruiters specializing in the real estate industry and cover registration fees so you can attend industry events to grow your professional network of contacts.
Some of the industry sectors our students and alumni work in include:
- Real estate development
- Civil engineering
- Construction and project management
- Real estate finance
- Real estate law.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Policy and Planning of the Built Environment
- Brokerage and Market Analysis
- Real Estate Financial Analysis and Valuation
- The Development Process
- Law and Entitlements
- Design and Construction
- Sustainable Development
- Construction Administration
- Legal Aspects of the Construction Process
- Public Infrastructure Management and Finance
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesReal Estate & Property Management View 78 other Masters in Real Estate & Property Management in United States
- Online application and application fee ($75) - Application fees are nonrefundable.
- A current résumé
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- A goals statement: This is a chance for you to demonstrate your writing skills while also introducing yourself. Your goals statement should be between 1-3 pages and describe how your career has evolved, what your current professional goals are, and how an MS in Real Estate Development will help you further those goals.
International1735 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1735 USD per credit during 18 months.
National1735 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1735 USD per credit during 18 months.
In-State831 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 831 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.