M.S. Operations Research students at Kansas State University should have 3 semester credits each in introductory statistics and introductory operations research and demonstrable microcomputer proficiency. Otherwise, appropriate remedial courses will be required.
Actual degree requirements will be summarized on an approved plan of study. Some general guidelines include:
- At least 60 percent of classes must be above 700 level.
- No more than 6 hours can be taken from outside the department without prior permission.
- Courses in IMSE the department must be above the 600 level.
- Courses outside the department must be above the 500 level.
- No more than 6 hours can be taken at the 500 level.
- No course can count as both a core course and an additional operations research course.
- Students on-campus are required to enroll in the graduate seminar each semester.
- Linear Programming
- Nonlinear Programming
- Network Flows and Graph Theory
- Integer Programming and Combinatorial Optimization
- Reliability Theory
- Simulation of Industrial Management Systems
- Applied Stochastic Processes and Theoretical Simulation
- Industrial Queuing Processes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National Students: Applications are accepted year around
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics View 48 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
Admission is denied to applicants holding bachelor's degrees with a significant amount of credit for work that was not supervised by a faculty member of an accredited college or university or evaluated in units that identify the academic content. A limited amount of credit for experience, when awarded as an acceptable part of a bachelor's degree for internships, fieldwork, or the like, is not a cause for denial but must be clearly identified as graded work.Applicants to graduate degree programs pay a non-refundable application fee of:
- $50 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents and
- $75 for international applicants
International12518 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12518 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6099 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6099 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!