The mission of the Kansas State University's master's program in Couple and Family Therapy is to provide the academic, clinical and professional training necessary for graduates to be successful clinicians in a variety of mental health settings.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to synthesize and evaluation scientific concepts, theories, and research/professional literature related to one’s area of emphasis in the School of Family Studies & Human Services
- Students will demonstrate professional competency in solving applied problems associated with one’s area of emphasis.
- Students will demonstrate competence in reading, interpreting, and translating research to best practice in one’s area of emphasis.
- Students will be able to apply ethical guidelines in personal and professional conduct, including research with human subjects, with respect for human diversity.
- Family Systems in Cultural Context
- Clinical Theory and Practice
- Pre-Practicum in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Brief Solution-Focused Therapy
- Systematic Treatment of Domestic Violence and Substance Abuse
- Couples and Sex Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Individual and Family Assessment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Our Master's program interview day will be held January 28th.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 1042 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- The Graduate School Application
- Graduate School application fee (as stated on the Graduate School website)
- Transcript(s) from each college or university which you have attended
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation from former/current instructors, employers, or other professionals in a position to evaluate your potential for graduate study
- Statement of objectives: Within this statement of objectives, we expect you to respond to each of the following questions. This statement should be about 1,000 words in length. In evaluating this statement, special attention is paid to expression of clear long-term professional goals, previous research experiences, and clarity of research interests.
International21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 24 months.
National21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11856 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.