Physics from Miami University helps students gain proficiency in the areas of quantum physics, classical mechanics, electromagnetic theory, statistical physics, and mathematical techniques used in physics.
The department has ongoing experimental research programs in Quantum Optics & Information; Condensed Matter & NanoPhysics; Biophysics; as well as Atomic, Molecular & Optical Physics, Astrophysics, and Physics Education Research. Theoretical and computational work is done in Quantum Optics and Information, Atomic Physics, and Astrophysics.
Students interested in doing a PhD are able to use our program as a gateway to top-quality PhD programs in physics and engineering. Others gain entry into industry, or take up positions in national labs, or instructor positions in universities and high schools.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Molecular and Cellular Biophysics
- Physics for Medicine and Biology
- Nano-Scale Science & Technology
- Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics
- Optics and Laser Physics
- Classical Mechanics
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Gravitation and Space Time
- Solid State Physics
- Adv. Kinetic Theory & Statistical Mechanics
- Quantum and Nonlinear Optics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications are due by February 15th for fall admission; however, late applications may be considered until all positions are full.
DisciplinesPhysics View 388 other Masters in Physics in United States
- A bachelor's degree in physics or a cognate discipline from an accredited college or university.
- An undergraduate cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale).
- The Graduate Record Exam is not required but is recommended.
International12308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6154 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National12308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6154 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.