Food Science touches everyone's lives, as food is a basic need for all humanity. Students in the food science master's degree program at Kansas State University learn about designing, processing and marketing safe, wholesome and attractive food products for consumption throughout the world.
Many career opportunities are available to graduates of the food science master’s program, including in food manufacturing industries that produce fresh and processed meat and poultry, dairy products, bakery goods, frozen and canned fruits and vegetables, confections and snack foods. Career options are also available in:
- food safety and microbiology
- quality assurance
- processing and operations management
- technical service
- research and development
- sales and public relations
- Scientific Writing OR
- Scientific Communication
- Food Microbiology
- Principles of HACCP
- Quality Assurance of Food Products
- Food Analysis
- Advanced Food Chemistry
- Food Science Graduate Seminar
- Regression and Analysis of Variance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National Students: Applications are accepted year around
DisciplinesFood Sciences View 98 other Masters in Food Sciences in United States
- Bachelor’s degree with 3.0 minimum GPA during last two years of course work
- Completion of prerequisite courses
- Students residing within the United States or Canada
- Admission to the K-State Graduate School
International12518 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12518 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6099 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6099 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.