The Family and Community Services program at Kansas State University is designed to create better online educational opportunities for family and community science professionals such as Extension agents and for spouses in military service families.
The M.S. degree in Family and Community Services will prepare graduates for individual and family services professions that are similar to some positions in social work but distinct from counseling positions.
Career options for students in family and community services include:
- county extension service programs
- military community services
- family advocacy programs
- child development centers
- consumer credit counseling
- community service programs
- Foundations and Principles of Family and Community Services
- Family Resource Management
- Family Dynamics
- Lifespan Development
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Resilience in Families
- Program Administration and Management
- Program Design, Evaluation, and Implementation
- Parenting Education
- Crises Across the Lifespan
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National Students: Applications are accepted year around
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science View 42 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United States
- An applicant to the Graduate School at Kansas State University must have a bachelor's degree substantially the same as the ones granted by Kansas State University. That is, it must represent a broad range of courses in the basic academic disciplines. Applicants whose degrees do not meet these standards may be denied admission to graduate degree programs at Kansas State University.
- Admission is denied to applicants holding bachelor's degrees with a significant amount of credit for work that was not supervised by a faculty member of an accredited college or university or evaluated in units that identify the academic content.
International12518 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12518 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6099 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6099 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!