The graduate program in Communication Studies at Kansas State seeks transformation. Specifically, we want to…
- improve society through research, education, and competitive forensics;
- offer practical advice to communities for healthier relationships, politics, and organizations;
- help students develop expertise for people-centered professions, teaching and coaching, and doctoral or professional education.
Our research-intensive MA program is distinguished by…
- small seminars in theory, methods, and special topics, covering the critical conversations in Communication Studies;
- faculty-student research collaborations as well as mentorship of student scholarship;
- full-time students gaining teaching and coaching experience through assistantships
We seek students who are…
- part- or full-time;
- recent BA or BS graduates of communication and allied fields, as well as those returning to higher education;
- wanting to challenge themselves and others to do better, using communication and rhetoric for good.
- Perspectives on Communication
- Classical Rhetorical Theory
- Rhetorical Criticism
- Experimental Research in Communication Studies
- Field Research in Communication Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
Domestic Students: Review of applications begins March 19th (priority deadline) and continues through March 15.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 397 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- All international students admitted to the Graduate School must demonstrate the same level of achievement as U.S. students. That is, they must hold a degree from an established institution comparable to a college or university in the United States, have an outstanding undergraduate record, have the demonstrated ability to do graduate work, and provide evidence of language proficiency sufficient for the pursuit of a graduate degree. Admission may be denied to students from technical schools, which may provide excellent training in special areas, but do not offer degrees equivalent to those of colleges and universities. As a rule, students from abroad are not admitted to nondegree status (that is, as special students). Questions about the qualifications of international students should be directed to the Graduate School.
International21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 12 months.
National21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11856 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.