A world-class natural laboratory, the Konza Prairie Biological Station, is only minutes away from the KSU campus. The Biology program is offered by Kansas State University.
The Division of Biology has approximately 65 full-time graduate students working toward Ph.D. and M.S. degrees.
All graduate students accepted by the Division are guaranteed full financial support for the duration of their graduate degree (contingent on reasonable progress towards degree completion).
The goal of the program is to produce biologists with in-depth understanding of a sub-area of biology and extensive research experience. Completion of the program will provide students with an advantage both in pursuing work in the private sector and in pursuing a further advanced degree.
After nomination, the application process is the same as for the traditional M.S. degree, with the following exceptions:
- completion of a bachelor's degree is not required prior to acceptance into the program.
- the GRE score requirement will be waived.
- the application must include a recommendation from a member of the Division of Biology faculty, who will serve as the student's major professor and who agrees to support the student as a graduate research assistant during the 5th year.
- Minimum standards for regular admission and for retention in the program require a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.5 and a G.P.A. of 3.5 in required math and science courses.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry View 1267 other Masters in Biology in United States
- An applicant to the Graduate School at Kansas State University must have a bachelor's degree substantially the same as the ones granted by Kansas State University. That is, it must represent a broad range of courses in the basic academic disciplines. Applicants whose degrees do not meet these standards may be denied admission to graduate degree programs at Kansas State University. Admission is denied to applicants holding bachelor's degrees with a significant amount of credit for work that was not supervised by a faculty member of an accredited college or university or evaluated in units that identify the academic content. A limited amount of credit for experience, when awarded as an acceptable part of a bachelor's degree for internships, fieldwork, or the like, is not a cause for denial but must be clearly identified as graded work.
International21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 24 months.
National21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11856 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.