Specializations are available in Design Theory, Ecological and Sustainable Design, and Environment Behavior and Place Studies.
These areas of specialized study in the Master of Science in Architecture program at Kansas State University accommodate graduates of five or six year programs in architecture, interior architecture, or landscape architecture, and of certain four year baccalaureate degrees. Applicants are considered upon the merits of their academic backgrounds and proposed programs of study.
Minimum entrance requirements established by the Kansas State University Graduate School include a bachelor's degree from an accredited university and a grade point average of B (3.0) or better in the last two years of undergraduate study (or a "first class" degree).
This Architecture program focuses on research, and therefore does not include the full range of topics required to qualify a student to sit for the examination to become licensed to practice architecture. Since research is the mode of learning at the limits of knowledge, our objective is to develop the capacities needed for independent study and research.
- Internship Planning Seminar
- Architectural Internship
- Environmental Systems in Architecture
- Problems in Architectural Design
- Architectural Design Studio
- Architectural Programming
- Study Abroad Orientation
- Topics in History of the Designed Environment
- Environmental Aesthetics
- Topics in Environment and Behavior
- Project Programming
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture View 400 other Masters in Architecture in United States
- All international students admitted to the Graduate School must demonstrate the same level of achievement as U.S. students. That is, they must hold a degree from an established institution comparable to a college or university in the United States, have an outstanding undergraduate record, have the demonstrated ability to do graduate work, and provide evidence of language proficiency sufficient for the pursuit of a graduate degree.
- Admission may be denied to students from technical schools, which may provide excellent training in special areas, but do not offer degrees equivalent to those of colleges and universities. As a rule, students from abroad are not admitted to nondegree status (that is, as special students). Questions about the qualifications of international students should be directed to the Graduate School.
International21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 24 months.
National21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11856 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.