Students who do not wish to pursue a Ph.D. at Iowa State University follow the M.S. Normal Progress Guidelines and complete the M.S. degree requirements, in 1.5 to 2 years, and may pursue Ph.D. studies elsewhere or enter the workforce directly. In any case, students develop their understanding of economic theory, sharpen their quantitative skills, and gain the ability to analyze a wide variety of applied problems.
Learning Goals that students in this program are expected to meet include:
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of scholarly literature in economics and an ability to critically evaluate it.
- Articulate research objectives that, when met, will lead to significant contributions to economic knowledge.
- Effectively apply theory and qualitative and quantitative empirical methods to address research questions; understand how to acquire, analyze, and report data.
- Interpret research results appropriately, integrating them into existing knowledge in the discipline.
- Clearly and accurately communicate research findings orally and in writing.
- Always conduct scholarship, whether independently or in teams, in ways that reflect ethical practice and professionalism.
Iowa State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantitative Methods in Economic Analysis
- Labor Supply and Human Capital Formation
- Managerial Economics for the Global Organization
- Advanced Environmental Economics
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics View 370 other Masters in Economics in United States
- Academic Records
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
International26352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13176 USD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
National24720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12360 USD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
In-State9758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4879 USD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.