The curriculum is designed to provide flexibility and support your research specialty.
As an student in this Bioengineering programme offered by Colorado State University, you may be involved in the design and regulatory approval of advanced medical technologies, as well as the manufacturing of health care products. Your research will be guided by your advisor and contribute to the knowledge base in the scientific community that will form the basis of your thesis.
Funding opportunities are available for Master of Science students.
Strengths of the program include:
- Research leading to major advances in a health care field
- Nationally and internationally recognized faculty from over a dozen departments
- Coverage of regulatory issues and approval processes with animal and human subjects
- Conducting research in state-of-the-art facilities, including the nationally renowned Veterinary Teaching Hospital
- Community of innovators on the cutting-edge of research in cancer, orthopaedics, cardiovascular diseases, nanotechnology, biosensors, and more
Student EmploymentGraduate students interested in employment positions (GTA, GRA, GSA appointments and hourly positions) should contact their advisor and their departmental graduate coordinator for the process to apply.
Programme StructureAreas of Study
- Biomechanics and biomaterials
- Molecular, cellular and tissue engineering
- Medical diagnostics, devices and imaging
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine General Engineering & Technology View 365 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Colorado State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- After initial screening of applications by the School of Biomedical Engineering faculty, candidates for our M.S. and Ph.D. programs will be invited to campus to interview for admission.
- Graduate Interview Days provides an opportunity for candidates to tour campus, meet current and other prospective students, visit with faculty, and learn more about the program.
- For full consideration into any of the School of Biomedical Engineering graduate programs, applicants must have completed Calculus 1, 2, and 3, Physics 1 and 2 (calculus-base preferred), Ordinary Differential Equations, a semester of Life Science, and have a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. An applicant may be conditionally admitted if missing only one of the prerequisite courses listed above (and must complete that course the first semester in the program).
International31766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31766 USD per year during 12 months.
National31766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31766 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State15568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15568 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.