The Applied and Computational Mathematics faculty at Florida State University maintains a strong research program on a wide range of applications, algorithms and computational techniques with a significant amount of multidisciplinary research including collaborations with faculty in other FSU departments as well as universities around the world.
The unique graduate program offers MS and PhD degrees in four areas: Pure Mathematics, Applied & Computational Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, and Biomathematics. Each area has its own distinct curriculum encompassing subjects from pure and applied mathematics, as well as subjects from other departments in the case of the interdisciplinary Financial Math and Biomath areas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Computational Mathematics
- Elementary Partial Differential Equations
- Methods of Applied Mathematics
- Applied Analysis
- Complex Variables, Asymptotic Expansions and Integral Transforms
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Computer Sciences View 859 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
To complete the process in the Office of Admissions, applicants must submit the following:
- An official transcript from each college or university attended.
- Official nationally standardized graduate admission test scores.
- The residency form, if applicable.
- Submit official English Proficiency Test Scores if your native language is not English.
- Determine if the major/program of interest has a different application deadline and/or additional major/program criteria, e.g., research interests, letters of recommendation, personal statement, interviews/portfolios/auditions, or other factors specified by the program.
International19980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State8622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 479 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Tallahassee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.