The Geographic Information Science (GIS) master’s program from Clark University is a natural extension of our internationally recognized work on the frontier of geospatial technology, and we are pioneering the interpretation of remote sensing, mapping, and analytics, continually revealing new information about our world.
The M.S. in Geographic Information Science (GIS) is a collaboration among three areas of the university: the Graduate School of Geography, the International Development, Community, and Environment (IDCE) Department, and Clark Labs, a leading developer of software-based geospatial solutions, founded and housed here at Clark University. The TerrSet/IDRISI platform developed at Clark Labs has quickly become one of the most widely used GIS systems in the world and is shaping approaches to geospatial problem-solving.
Why a Master’s in Geographic Information Science (GIS) at Clark University
- Learn GIS programming skills for web mapping, automation, and advanced analytics from international leaders in the field.
- Gain a competitive professional edge in a department that has been ranked #15 in the world for development studies (based on academic reputation) by QS World University Rankings.
- Work closely with renowned faculty to advance the development of the software.
- Access the latest technologies, including your own dedicated workstation in a Clark lab fully equipped with a range of GIS and remote sensing software.
GIS skills are increasingly valuable in today’s professional world. Our graduates find success in a growing number of fields, such as urban and regional planning, emergency response, epidemiology, environmental planning, forestry, and ecology. In addition, here you will gain skills — like project management, problem-solving, and communication — that prove invaluable in any number of industries.
Clark GIS alumni pursue their passion in meaningful careers around the world. Students:
- Go on to earn their doctorates (about 10 percent)
- Consult for environmental groups
- Work for international NGOs
- Work at software development companies
- Join government agencies, planning offices, and transportation departments
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Landscape Ecology
- Advanced Vector GIS
- GIS and Map Comparison
- Advanced Remote Sensing
- Python Programming
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Round 1 - February 1 (priority admission and scholarship consideration)
- Round 2- March 15
- Round 3 - April 15
DisciplinesGeography Sustainable Development Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 102 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal statement (refer to additional information below for further details)
- Letters of recommendation (refer to additional information below for further details)
- All academic transcripts
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5856 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5856 USD per module and a duration of 24 months.
National5856 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5856 USD per module and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.