Combining the renowned interdisciplinary and creative power of Carnegie Mellon University's College of Fine Arts with the analytical expertise of Heinz College, the MAM program positions graduates to be arts managers who can lead organizations at the highest level and have lasting impact on the communities they serve.
Our innovative approach centers on the intersection of people, policy, and technology with an arts focus. Courses in analytics and quantitative management—alongside many exciting opportunities for industry-centered experiential learning—will train you to navigate the rapidly changing cultural economy of the 21stcentury.
Is MAM Right for me ?
The Master of Arts Management (MAM) program at Carnegie Mellon University is a joint degree offered by Carnegie Mellon University’s Heinz College and College of Fine Arts.
MAM is a full-time, two-year professional degree program based in Pittsburgh. The program trains students to seek evidence-based solutions to problems facing the arts and cultural sector as well as associated arts education and advocacy organizations, heritage organizations, and related fields. It is the ideal fit for students with a passion for the arts who wish to ensure the strength of artistic and cultural institutions, using effective quantitative management techniques to weather the complex technological, social, and political changes affecting the industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Arts Enterprises: Management and Structures
- Database Theory and Practice for Creative Enterprises
- Arts Marketing and Public Relations
- Law and the Arts
- Fundraising and Philanthropy
- Sponsorships and Grants
- Writing for Creative Enterprises
- Career & Professional Development for Arts Managers
- Exhibitions Management OR Producing a Performing Arts Season
- Museum Operations OR Presenting Performing Arts & Festivals
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1937 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- answer required questions within the online application form
- upload required essay and résumé
- register each recommender's name and email address
- enter test date and registration number for any required standardized test(s)
- Supporting materials (transcripts, test scores, recommendations) can arrive after the deadline without negatively impacting your admission decision or scholarship review. Applications are reviewed after all required materials have been received. Certain scholarship awards may be limited for applications received after the deadline.
International51000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25500 USD per semester during 24 months.
National51000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25500 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.