Over the last 25 years, increased competition, advances in technology and the globalization of markets have dramatically lowered the cost and increased the speed and volume of data available for decision-making. Extensive regulation, implemented after the 2008 financial crisis, requires financial firms to better measure and control risk in their portfolios.
To succeed, bankers, traders and money managers must understand the proper use and limitations of the mathematical models on which their decision-making is based, the statistical analysis and probabilistic distributions driving economic forecasts and the management of software development necessary to implement these tools. Our Computational Finance students are trained to meet these industry needs.
The Carnegie Mellon University mission is to create a transformative educational experience for students focused on deep disciplinary knowledge; problem solving; leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills; and personal health and well-being.
To cultivate a transformative university community committed to :
- attracting and retaining diverse, world-class talent;
- creating a collaborative environment open to the free exchange of ideas, where research, creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship can flourish
- ensuring individuals can achieve their full potential.
To impact society in a transformative way — regionally, nationally, and globally — by engaging with partners outside the traditional borders of the university campus.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Computing
- Fixed Income
- Statistical Inference
- Microeconomics for Computational Finance
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Computer Sciences View 813 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- Have earned an undergraduate degree in a technical discipline such as mathematics, computer science, engineering or economics.
- Have taken, at a minimum, two full semesters of study in differential and integral calculus, the caliber of which is required of engineering, math or science majors as well as ordinary differential equations, linear algebra, and a calculus based probability course.
- Have strong academic performance in mathematics and probability coursework.
- Online Application Form
- Current Resume
- Unofficial Transcripts of All Academic Work
- Official GMAT Score (preferred) or GRE (accepted)
International58000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58000 USD per year during 18 months.
National58800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58800 USD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.