The curriculum of the Education - Literacy program of Eastern Kentucky University focuses on education best practices and promotes knowledge, awareness, and understanding of the unique needs of different student populations.
Literacy P-12 is a 30 hour program promoting the skill sets needed to become literacy leaders at the school, district, or state level. Throughout the program, candidates will work with students and teachers in aims of providing literacy instruction that reflects current trends and issues and works to provide equitable literacy experiences for all students. Upon successful passing of the Reading Specialist Praxis, our program leads to certification as a Literacy Specialist P-12 and prepares educators to tackle both school-wide literacy challenges and address individual student needs in literacy.
Career options include:
Reading specialist (P-12); reading and writing teacher in elementary, middle or high schools; literacy coach (P-12); teacher leader educator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Leadership Skills for Teachers
Literacy Programs P-5
Reading Instruction in MIddle School
Writing and Teaching Writing
Writing Project Summer Institute
Teaching Grammar and Punctuation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Educational Research View 55 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
- Admission to the Graduate School
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree with a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Statement of Eligibility or Professional Certificate with EPSB for elementary, middle or secondary teaching.
- Reference inventory on Candidate Dispositions
- Professional Code of Ethics, Character Fitness Declaration, and Professional Dispositions
- Candidates must review the Professional Code of Ethics for Kentucky School Certified Personnel established in 16 KAR 1:020
- Candidates must review the character and fitness questionnaire contained in Section III of the CA-1
- Candidates must demonstrate understanding of professional dispositions expected of professional educators
International510 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 510 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National510 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 510 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.