This is an exciting time for Global Health and Development degree offered by the University of Arizona, a time for unearthing new ways to approach old problems through breathtaking technological advances.
Less than two decades ago the World Wide Web was an interesting toy; now it is the world’s central nervous system bringing together people and ideas in historically novel ways. Wireless technologies are rapidly transforming the ways people communicate – voice one day, text the next.
Public health has barely scratched the surface of insight into how these, and future, technologies can change our research and our practices.
The Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health (MEZCOPH) houses the Global Health Institute (GHI), one of the many centers of excellence in education, research, and service of the University of Arizona’s Health Sciences Center.
GHI is dedicated to finding evidence-based solutions to global health problems through the education and training of tomorrow’s global health leaders. It is a unique partnership that promotes collaboration between the University of Arizona, partner universities, organizations, and individuals around the world.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Project Design & Implementation In Global Health & Development
- Nutrition In Global Health & Development
- Infectious Diseases, Global Health & Development
- Independent Study In Global Health & Development Issues
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 261 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Official transcripts from all undergraduated and graduate institutions attended. The applicant is required to hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 3.0 GPA (GPA is based on the last 60 units, or if the applicant has 12 or more graduate units, the GPA will be based on graduate units)
- One letter of recommendation is required from a supervisor, mentor, or other individual familiar with your work and professional abilities
- Resume/CV which should include: educational background and employment experience
- Written statement of background and goals (one page single spaced) that addresses the following questions: (1) Why do you want to enroll in the Global Health & Development graduate certificate? (2) How will the knowledge and skills acquired through your successful participation in this certifcate be applied in your current job and/or support your career goals?
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 6 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 6 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.