Benedictine University's Master of Science in Nursing online curriculum aligns with the education standards specified by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, which emphasize organizational and system-based leadership, healthcare technologies, advocacy, inter-professional collaboration, evidence-based practice, quality improvement and cultural awareness.
Choose From Two M.S.N. Concentrations: Nurse Educator or Nurse Executive Leader
The M.S.N. online program offers two concentrations that reflect the needs and trends of the nursing profession and allow you to tailor your studies toward your own career goals:
- Nurse Educator: Designed for nurses interested in serving as educators in clinical settings. Coursework in this concentration focuses on advanced level sciences and specialty knowledge in instructional strategies, curriculum development, and evaluation methods.
- Nurse Executive Leader: Designed for nurses interested in serving in leadership roles. Coursework in this concentration focuses on communication, nursing leadership, systems thinking, and financial management.
Career Support for Benedictine M.S.N. Students
The Benedictine Virtual Career Center (BVCC) provides students and alumni with access to hundreds of current internships, job opportunities career fairs and networking events that expose students to the nation's top employers. On BVCC, you can search job openings by industry, salary, location and area of interest with just the click of a button.
You can also submit your resume directly to the BVCC website and have it personally reviewed by a director in the Office of Career Development, who will give you feedback within 48 hours.
Additionally, all of Benedictine's career support resources are available online at your convenience. From resume/CV templates to downloadable guides on interviewing skills and salary negotiations, the Career Development website offers a variety of resources.
- Health Promotion and Interprofessional Collaboration
- Ethical and Culturally Competent Health Care Professional
- Evidence-Based Nursing Practice: Research and Process Improvement
- Health Care Policy and Advocacy
- Quality Improvement and Safety in Health Care Systems
- Advanced Health Assessment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Foundation Courses (15 credits)
- Nurse Educator Concentration Courses (24 credits) or
- Nurse Executive Leader Concentration Courses (21 credits)
DisciplinesNursing Health Administration Health Sciences View 474 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Benedictine University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- bachelor's degree in nursing (B.S.N.) from a program accredited by a regionally accredited college or university.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Proof of license as a registered nurse (RN) in the United States.
- Have computer skill/proficiency in word processing, email and library online searches.
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended.
- Statement of Goals of a maximum of two pages describing goals and rationale for pursuing a master's degree in nursing. Include past nursing experiences that have prepared you to pursue a new role following completion of the program.
- One letter of professional recommendation from an individual familiar with the applicant's competence in the practice of nursing and potential for successful graduate education.
- A score on the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) in accordance with the Graduate Catalog policy for those applicants where English is not their primary language.
- You will need a computer with high-speed internet access to successfully complete the requirements for the degree.
- You must have Microsoft Office installed on your computer, and your Web browser should be Google Chrome or Firefox.
International12060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 670 USD per credit during 24 months.
National12060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 670 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.