And if you already work as a health care administrator or health services manager, earning your master's in health administration will open up new and exciting advancement opportunities. It's no surprise Forbes magazine listed Health Care Administration as one of the Best Master's Degrees for Jobs.
Health care administration is a rapidly growing profession. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs in this field are expected to grow 17 percent between 2014 and 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations1. Health care administrators must be ready to handle ongoing developments in the field. The online Master's in Health Care Administration degree offers the knowledge and skills needed to ascend to and succeed in a variety of upper-level positions.
The progressive curriculum of the online MHA in Health Care Administration from Utica College is focused on accelerating students' learning through applied study of actual cases, relevant projects, lively discussion, and interactive learning forums. Students study the use of new technologies to manage and improve operations, ethics and legal issues in the field, and a range of issues related to gerontology, including long-term care policies and cultural attitudes toward the elderly.
Professional Outcomes of the MHA in Health Care Administration
- Whether you're looking for a new career in health care or want to advance your current position, Utica's online MHA in Health Care Administration program will give you the education, training, and experience necessary to obtain management- and executive-level positions within health care administration.
- Health care administration is a vitally important role in the world of health care. The health care sector needs individuals who can oversee accountability with insurance companies, assist in the transition to paperless records, implement and alter policies in the face of new laws and regulations, advocate for patients, and recruit employees.
- In other words, the evolving role of human resources and administration in health care means employers are looking for versatile medical and health services managers who can act as project managers in the health sector. Utica College provides the education and resources aspiring leaders need to succeed in this growing field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Care Systems: A Continuum of Care
- Health Care Ethical and Legal Issues
- Leadership in Marketing and Strategic Planning
- Quality Management and Performance: Improvement in Evidence Based Healthcare
- Human Resources Management
- Health Care Accounting Processes
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesHealth Management View 181 other Masters in Health Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Transcripts
- Additional documentation that may be requested
- Personal Statement with Signature
- Letters of Recommendation (Required for Graduate programs)
- Proof of Licensure (RN & tDPT)
- English Language Competency (international applicants)
International690 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 690 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National690 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 690 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.