The MS in Chinese Herbology program at the University of Brigdeport will be primarily residential with students completing 50% of their course work and 100% of their clinical rotations in residence. The Asian/Chinese Herbology (ACH) courses will be offered in the blended format with 50% of the didactic program offered online and 50% during 4 weekends each semester, and an additional 3 weekends each summer for a total of 11 weekends a year. Students will participate in an online environment to complete their Asian/Chinese Herbology studies.
The MS-CH is limited to those who currently hold licensure or registration as healthcare professionals. The MS-CH program will not expand graduates’ scope of practice. There is no independent licensing for Chinese herbal practitioners in the US. Please consult your state’s licensing authority regarding state-specific scope of practice for licensed health practitioners in the area of herbal prescribing.
- Demonstrate competency in utilizing the four examinations to identify Chinese Herbology diagnoses
- Formulate and skillfully implement the safe and effective clinical application of Chinese medicine modalities based upon a total assessment of the patient
- Adapt diagnosis and treatment strategies as needed for diverse patient populations
- Evaluate patient care from biomedical, pharmacological, and Asian perspectives in order to understand the medical context in which patients present, make appropriate treatment and consultation decisions in various healthcare settings as part of a collaborative health care team, and make timely referrals when appropriate
- Value patients’ dignity and confidentiality
- Apply knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient-centered care in a variety of settings in order to optimize patient health and coordinate care with other healthcare practitioners
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Traditional Chinese Dietetics
- Evidence Informed Practices
- Chinese Formula and Constituents
- Chinese Formulae & Constituents
- Herb Clinic
- Medical Ethics
- 22 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComplementary & Alternative Medicine View 36 other Masters in Complementary & Alternative Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Must be currently licensed or registered healthcare professionals whose scope of practice includes the use of Chinese herbs and formulae.
- Application and application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
International14923 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 760 USD per credit during 22 months.
National14923 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 760 USD per credit during 22 months.
Living costs for Bridgeport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.