Students will learn about the evolutionary process, focusing on how living things function and how several branches of engineering and science are interconnected in these processes. Biomedical Engineering has the potential to improve human health through cross-disciplinary research and application that integrate the engineering sciences with the biomedical sciences and clinical practice.
This program in Biomedical Engineering, offered by the University of Bridgeport, builds knowledge, skills, and critical thinking necessary to further new discoveries in tissue regeneration, biomaterials, biologically inspired materials, tissue engineering, physiological measurements, bioelectronics, biomechanics, bioMEMS, and communications in cells, biosensing, biorobotics, biosignaling, bioinormatics and other associated processes pertaining to bioengineering.
- Graduates of the BME program will have a sound integrated knowledge of science and engineering fundamentals with respect to the biomedical issues
- Graduates will be proficient in the use of modern techniques, tools, procedures, and information sources which are useful in the definition and solution of problems in biomedical engineering
- Graduates will have the ability to apply their scientific knowledge and engineering tools and techniques to design useful and economically feasible novel materials, devices, systems and processes which address problems relevant to the fields of biomedical engineering
- Graduates will have the breadth and depth of knowledge, and a commitment to continued learning, necessary to understand the economic, social, ethical, and aesthetic aspects of their profession and their work, and to effectively communicate the results of their work
- Biomedical Materials and Engineering
- Tissue Engineering
- Cancer and Engineering
- Digital Signal Processing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 295 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
- Application and application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
International750 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 750 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National750 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 750 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.