Incorporating the case method, research into the latest communication trends, interactive learning formats, and experiential learning opportunities, this program addresses complex communication challenges—providing students with a distinct advantage in today’s competitive marketplace.
The curriculum also reflects the transformational impact of social technologies on the communication patterns of employees, customers, investors, and other audiences. Your instructors have "real-world" communication experience in the private and nonprofit sectors—they have practiced what they teach.
The Master of Science in Corporate and Organizational Communication has three components: Core required courses, concentrations, and electives. Core required courses focus on foundational communication skills and knowledge, crafting impactful messages using a wide range of media, and a strategic perspective on the way communication supports organizational performance.
There are eight concentrations—Social Media and Online Communities, Public Relations, Human Resource Management, Usability/User Experience, Project Management, Leadership, Cross-Cultural Communication, and Leading Communication Strategy and Development—that align with skills in demand in the profession.
Whether you are a full- or part-time student, on-campus or online, you will apply the knowledge and skills you gain in the program in an unparalleled variety of experiential learning opportunities—the hallmark of a Northeastern University educational experience.
- Design a strategic approach to a wide range of communication challenges based on stakeholder analysis and a systematic planning methodology.
- Craft and deliver messages—with a heavy emphasis on digital media—that can influence the attitudes and behaviors of internal and external audiences in a wide range of organizational scenarios.
- Measure and assess the impact of communication methods and channels to help achieve organizational performance objectives.
- Apply key course concepts and communication skills gained through the curriculum to real-world projects.
According to the Burning Glass Labor Insight database, the value of a graduate degree in organizational communication is very clear: 37% of hiring employers prefer or require candidates for many communication roles to have a graduate degree. Additionally, there are over 345,000 open job listings related to corporate and organizational communications.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Organizational Communication
- Writing Lab
- Strategic Communication Management
- Ethical Issues in Organizational Communication
- Intercultural Communication
- Organizational Culture, Climate, and Communication
- Communication Networks and Managing Information
- Organizational Communication Assessment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Organisational Behaviour Corporate Communication View 52 other Masters in Corporate Communication in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): identifies your educational goals and expectations of the program
- Professional resume
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S, stating degree conferral and date
- TOEFL, IELTS, or NU Global Exam scores
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.