Prepare to become a leader in the workforce: The graduate certificate in Leadership and Management at University of Maryland University College is designed to provide you with the skills and leadership ability to navigate a variety of workplaces. You'll gain a foundation in organizational and management theory as well as skills in decision making, communication, strategic planning, and coaching and managing others.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to:
- Apply leadership skills to promote communication, ethical behavior, and quality performance
- Implement employment practices, encourage team building, and mentor junior staff members
- Communicate effectively with culturally diverse audiences using a variety of formats and technologies
- Assess and develop performance measures, feedback, and coaching that facilitates employee development
- Employ self-reflection and mindfulness of individual and cultural differences when interacting with others
- Research, plan, and develop processes and procedures that ensure organizational performance
More informationVisit official programme website
- Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC
- Organizational Theory and Behavior
- Issues and Practices in Human Resource Management
- Organizational Development and Change
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 595 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International659 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 659 USD per credit and a duration of 8 months.
National480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of 8 months.
- University of Maryland University College is committed to helping you find ways to meet, manage, and lower your education costs through a variety of financing and payment options.
- When it comes to covering your college expenses, you have choices. Federal student financial aid, loans, grants, and scholarships are available to help fund your degree. Plus, you may qualify for employer-provided tuition assistance and/or military benefits. Your eligibility is based on your current financial need and other factors.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.