Understanding how social policies for older people are assessed around the world is a critical step to improving wellbeing for older people globally. This programme allows you to study three modules: an introduction to ageing, a specialised module on the evaluation of policies in ageing societies, and a third module of your choice (eg. mental health).
Following the successful completion of this programme, you will be invited to continue onto the MSc Global Ageing and Policy (DL) programme, offered by University of Southampton which includes more modules and the MSc Dissertation. Enrol now and add a distinctive edge to your career trajectory.
- critical appreciation of the key theoretical perspectives within Gerontology and their application in the analysis of specific issues concerning ageing and the lifecourse
- understanding of contemporary debates within Gerontology concerning the lives of older people, their families and society, in both developed and developing countries
- specialised learning of ageing and its policy implications in less developed regions of the world
- critical skills in the evaluation of policies and programmes in ageing societies
- preparation for a career in the field of gerontology and applied health and social sciences
More informationVisit official programme website
- Policy Evaluation for Ageing Societies (DL)
- Global Perspectives in Gerontology (DL)
- Ageing in Africa: Research and Policy (DL)
- Ageing in China and South-East Asia (DL)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSociology Health Sciences View 1232 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- We welcome applications from students holding, or expecting to hold, an upper second-class honours degree or higher, or equivalent.
- Students without the usual entry qualifications may be admitted, with the requisite approval, on the basis of relevant work experience or professional qualifications. Mature applicants without formal qualifications but with relevant experience are also welcomed and will be considered.
- For all applications, two academic references are required. Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications until we have received both references.
International6276 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6276 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA3100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3100 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK/EU: £1,550
- International: £3,138
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.