The Master of Science in Information Technology: Software Engineering at University of Maryland University College provides software developers with advanced software methodology, design, and coding techniques. You'll learn aspect-oriented programming, object-oriented programming, and the principles and techniques to lead a software development team.
Gain hands-on experience performing all functions of building software and develop job-relevant expertise in implementing large software engineering projects within cost and on schedule.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Grasp the principles and theories underlying applied information technology
- Gain an understanding of the technical and regulatory issues surrounding the Internet
- Apply IT best practices to productivity and competitive advantage
- Display an awareness of developments in the convergence of computer and telecommunications technologies
- Discuss the role of information awareness and literacy in organizational decision making
- Grasp the central role of software and hardware lifecycles
More informationVisit official programme website
- Modern Software Methodologies
- Relational Database Systems
- Software Requirements
- Software Design and Implementation
- Software Verification and Validation
- Usability Engineerin
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 143 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International659 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 659 USD per credit and a duration of .
National480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.