Healthcare administrators manage complex organizations that serve diverse individual and community needs. The Master of Science in Health Care Administration program at University of Maryland University College is designed to develop leaders in this dynamic field. In this program, you can gain the expert knowledge, management skills, and strong professional development you need to seize career opportunities and maximize your potential in this era of rapid healthcare transformation.
UMUC is nationally recognized as a leader in online graduate healthcare programs. By actively participating in national-level discussions that shape healthcare education, we help to ensure that your UMUC degree is recognized, relevant, and respected.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to
- Apply strong financial management skills, including techniques for responding to uncompensated care, cost increases, increased competition, and increased regulation
- Use statistical tools to analyze health data and make effective business decisions
- Demonstrate knowledge of different models in healthcare administration, including contemporary theories, critical perspectives, and best practices for performance excellence in a highly competitive healthcare environment
- Use decision-making skills for institutional management, organizational development, and intercultural work environments
- Strategically plan, implement, and evaluate information systems
- Understand regulatory constraints, provider liability, patient rights, employment law and labor relations, and administrative law for healthcare organizations
- Analyze public health issues and their impact on healthcare organizations
- Solve ongoing problems in healthcare financing and delivery
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Health Care Administration
- Intercultural Communication and Leadership
- Financial Decision Making for Managers
- Information Technology for Health Care Administration
- The U.S. Health Care System
- Public Health Administration
- Long-Term Care Administration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHealth Management View 194 other Masters in Health Management in United States
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International659 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
National480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 480 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.