Throughout the Financial Management and Information Systems curriculum at University of Maryland University College, major emphasis is placed on the effects of rapid technological change on organizations and administrative processes, and the consequent ethical and moral responsibilities of managers to society at large.
The Master of Science in Financial Management and Information Systems (MSFS) is designed for mid-career professionals seeking a graduate degree that integrates a financial management curriculum with studies in the information systems field.
With an increasing requirement that financial managers have specific knowledge of and skills in information systems, the program prepares financial managers to effectively deal with information systems within organizations, and to play a leading advisory role in integrating and utilizing information systems to create value within their corporations.
The curriculum equally benefits individuals in the information systems and CIO field who would like to expand their studies into the area of financial management.Program Objectives
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Successfully apply financial management and information systems concepts, principles, and analysis techniques in the strategic and operational decision-making processes within their organizations
- Effectively communicate financial management and information systems ideas, concepts, and solutions
- Evaluate issues and innovations in financial management and information systems technology, and their effects on managerial decision-making
- Apply financial principles in evaluating the costs and benefits of information systems/technology investment
- Evaluate and design financial information systems to meet organizational needs and objectives
The MSFS program prepares graduates for a range of entry to senior level positions within the CFO/CIO organization of public and private businesses. Depending on a student's background and an employer's criteria, graduates of the MSFS program may qualify for positions such as:
- CFO or CIO
- Financial Manager
- CFO Liaison with the CIO Office
- CIO Liaison with the CFO Office
- CIO or CFO Liaison with the business units
- Financial, Budget, or Management Analyst
More informationVisit official programme website
- Financial Decision Making for Managers
- Financial Management in Organizations
- Long-Term Financial Management
- Investment Valuation
- Behavioral Finance
- Financial Analysis and Modeling
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Informatics & Information Sciences View 596 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International659 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 659 USD per credit and a duration of .
National480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.