The Master of Science in Management: Marketing from University of Maryland University College can help you move toward a senior position with leadership skills essential to the core function of every organization, public or private. You'll learn the latest marketing strategies as well as the foundations of solid management practice to gain an edge in the job market.
Throughout the curriculum, major emphasis is placed on the effects of rapid technological change on organizations and administrative processes, and the consequent ethical and moral responsibilities of managers to society at large.
The Marketing specialization is designed for managers in the public, private or non-profit sectors who need to acquire customers for their products and services either internally, externally, or business-to-business.
The program focuses on the theories and skills that managers need to know in order to attract customers:
- Defining the scope of 21st century marketing
- Developing and executing effective marketing strategies
- Adapting to rapidly changing technologies
- Building customer satisfaction and retention
- Facilitating communication successfully between the organization to the customer
The MSM program prepares graduates for a number of entry-, mid-, and high- level positions, as determined by a student's work experience.
Depending on a student's background and an employer's criteria, graduates of the Marketing specialization may qualify for these positions:
- Marketing Manager (B-to-B or consumer)
- Internet Marketing Manager
- Direct Marketing Manager
- Product/Brand Manager
- Manufacturer's Representative
- Retail Manager
- Account Executive (Business or consumer products)
- Market Research Analyst (Entry-level)
- Promotions Manager
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Use methods and conduct of organizational assessments
- Understand the organization/environment relationship
- Oversee strategic planning
- Demonstrate organizational communication and leadership
- Budget and allocate resources
- Manage organizational decision making
Intercultural Communication and Leadership
Financial Decision Making for Managers
Statistics for Managerial Decision Making
Legal and Ethical Issues in Global Communications
Marketing Intelligence and Research Systems
International Marketing Management
Integrated Direct Marketing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Digital Marketing View 802 other Masters in Management Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 504 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.