Equip yourself with the cutting-edge skills and knowledge to become a digital forensics expert.
Learn how to determine whether a digital system has been attacked or compromised as well as how to uncover, preserve, and present evidence for legal prosecution in the Digital Forensics and Cyber Investigation programme at University of Maryland University College.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to:
- Design procedures at a suspected crime scene to ensure that the digital evidence obtained is not corrupted
- Conduct hands-on forensic searches to identify intrusion methods
- Employ rigorous procedures to enable forensic results that can withstand scrutiny in a court of law
- Explain the operation of digital components
- Seize, image, deconstruct, and analyze digital media for evidence
- Prepare professional reports
- Present digital forensics results in a court of law as an expert witness
More informationVisit official programme website
- Communicating, Problem Solving, and Leading in Cybersecurity
- Cyberspace and Cybersecurity Foundations
- Digital Forensics Technology and Practices
- Digital Forensic Response and Analysis
- Advanced Forensics
- Capstone in Cybersecurity
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesForensic Science IT Security Cyber Security View 36 other Masters in Forensic Science in United States
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International659 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 659 USD per credit and a duration of .
National480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of .
- University of Maryland University College is committed to helping you find ways to meet, manage, and lower your education costs through a variety of financing and payment options.
- When it comes to covering your college expenses, you have choices. Federal student financial aid, loans, grants, and scholarships are available to help fund your degree. Plus, you may qualify for employer-provided tuition assistance and/or military benefits. Your eligibility is based on your current financial need and other factors.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.