In the Biotechnology with Biotechnology Management Specialization specialization in University of Maryland University College's graduate biotechnology program, you'll develop a deep understanding of the molecular science behind biotechnology while also building an advanced skill set in business management, marketing, and financial analysis. You can gain actual management experience through your coursework by working on a team for an organization in the biotechnology sector.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to
- Assess your organization's needs for capital, personnel, technology, and marketing
- Evaluate forecasts, cost effectiveness, and performance of biotech projects
- Weigh the advantages and disadvantages of forming international ventures
- Interpret bioinformatic data and understand the latest technical advances in biotechnology
- Comprehend the economics of bioprocessing, regulatory affairs, and different global business models used in biotechnology
- Implement advanced project management skills to lead a successful team
- Societal Issues in Biotechnology
- Introduction to Bioinformatics
- Bioprocessing and the Business of Biotechnology
- Techniques of Biotechnology
- Foundations of Project Management
- Commercializing Biotechnology in Early-Stage Ventures
- Selection and Evaluation of Biotechnology Projects
- Biotechnology and the Regulatory Environment
- Marketing Management
- Principles of Technology Management
- Economics and Financial Analysis for Technology Managers
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiotechnology Engineering Management Biochemistry View 26 other Masters in Biotechnology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 659 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 504 USD per credit during 12 months.
- University of Maryland University College is committed to helping you find ways to meet, manage, and lower your education costs through a variety of financing and payment options.
- When it comes to covering your college expenses, you have choices. Federal student financial aid, loans, grants, and scholarships are available to help fund your degree. Plus, you may qualify for employer-provided tuition assistance and/or military benefits. Your eligibility is based on your current financial need and other factors.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.