Combine your interest in science, business and technology for a rewarding career in the growing biotechnology industry.
This Biotechnology: Bioinformatics specialization at University of Maryland University College covers a broad range of subjects (for example, biostatistics, databases and data structures, algorithms, gene expression analysis, and PERL) at the interface of molecular biology and computational science.
The graduates of this program will be able to:
- Have a greater grasp of the technologies currently in use in the biotechnology industry.
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory role of federal and state governmental agencies as well as international bodies and professional groups.
- Understand the "business of biotechnology," including financial, strategic, and human resource management in the industry.
- Have increased knowledge of bioinformatics.
The Master of Science program in biotechnology serves a number of careers at the entry-, mid-, or high-level positions, depending on the prior level of experience of the candidate.
Graduates of the bioinformatics specialization, depending on their background, can find positions such as:
- Bioinformatics Analyst
- Bioinformatics Specialist
- Computational Biologist
- Biological Database Specialist
More informationVisit official programme website
Societal Issues in Biotechnology
Introduction to Bioinformatics
Bioprocessing and the Business of Biotechnology
Techniques of Biotechnology
Foundations of Project Management
Statistical Processes for Biotechnology
Relational Database Systems
Java for Biotechnology Applications
Systems Level Approaches in Bioinformatics
Data Structures and Algorithms
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesBiotechnology Health Informatics Bioinformatics View 19 other Masters in Biotechnology in United States
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International659 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 659 USD per credit and a duration of .
National480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.