The Pharmaceutical Sciences (Forensic Science) at University of Florida is provided by the College of Pharmacy. It consists of 18 credits of required courses and a further 14 credits of electives covering a wide range of forensic disciplines. Please note, of the 14 elective credits required for the degree, at least 4 credits need to be a PHA course number. Courses in forensic medicine, forensic anthropology, drug analysis, toxicology, entomology, criminalistics, environmental forensics, biological evidence, blood spatter and forensic DNA analysis are available.
This program may be of interest to those currently working or seeking employment in the following areas:
- Crime laboratories
- Medical Examiners Offices
- Police departments
- Criminal defense and prosecution attorneys
- Hospital and Clinical Chemistry Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- High school science teachers
Upon completion of the program, your diploma will state Master of Science in Pharmacy issued by the Graduate School of the University of Florida. Your transcripts will read Master of Science in Pharmacy, graduation date, major Pharmaceutical Sciences, concentration Forensic Science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biological Evidence and Serology
- Principles of Forensic Science
- Forensic Toxicology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPharmacy Forensic Science View 26 other Masters in Pharmacy in United States
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any academic discipline (Pharmacy background not required) from a regionally accredited institution
- 3.0 or better GPA in upper division undergraduate coursework
- A statement of purpose must be submitted. There is a section for this information in the UF graduate application (step 2 of the application instructions).
- A current resume or CV, in MS Word or PDF format. The file may be emailed to email@example.com or attached as part of the UF graduate application.
- Acceptable Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score*
- 150 verbal / 150 quantitative; 300 combined
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30134 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30134 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12740 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.