The Pharmaceutical Sciences (Forensic DNA and Serology) is provided by the College of Pharmacy. It is structured to provide the student with a strong foundation in serology, blood spatter interpretation, molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics and the theory of DNA analysis. You can start with a course or two, then continue on to earn the full master's degree later.
The Pharmaceutical Sciences (Forensic DNA and Serology) program delivered by University of Florida is designed to meet the guidelines set out by the FBI National Standards education requirements for DNA Technical Leaders and Supervisors. This program may be of interest to those currently working or seeking employment in the following areas:
- Law enforcement agencies
- Military services
- Medical professions
- Crime laboratories
- High school and College science teachers
Upon completion of the program, your diploma will state Master of Science in Pharmacy issued by the Graduate School of the University of Florida. Your transcripts will read Master of Science in Pharmacy, graduation date, major Pharmaceutical Sciences, concentration Forensic DNA and Serology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biological Evidence and Serology
- Blood Distribution and Spatter
- Applied Statistics for Data Analysis
- Laboratory QA/QC
- Forensic Analysis of DNA
- Forensic Immunology
- Forensic Genetics
- Principles of Nucleotide Activity
- Metabolic Biochemistry
- Mammalian Molecular Biology
- Literature Survey of DNA and Serology
- Special Topics in DNA and Serology (on location in Gainesville)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPharmacy Molecular Sciences Genetics View 5 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in United States
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any academic discipline (Pharmacy background not required) from a regionally accredited institution
- 3.0 or better GPA in upper division undergraduate coursework
- A statement of purpose must be submitted. There is a section for this information in the UF graduate application (step 2 of the application instructions).
- A current resume or CV, in MS Word or PDF format. The file may be emailed to email@example.com or attached as part of the UF graduate application.
- Acceptable Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score*
- 150 verbal / 150 quantitative; 300 combined
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 12 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.