Professionals choose our renowned Master of Software Engineering program at Pennsylvania State University to learn to develop software products and services through software analysis, design and architecture, system verification, and data storage and retrieval. As a graduate, you can apply your software development skills to implement new technologies in one of the fastest growing professions throughout industry and government.
If you have an undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or information sciences, you can enter this program to stay competitive and drive innovation and changes in the global environment.
- Curriculum: The Penn State World Campus online Master of Software Engineering degree offers you a curriculum rich with new information that’s applicable in the real world.
- Cohort: From start to finish, you’ll progress through the program with others in your cohort. You’ll gain valuable experience interfacing, collaborating, and networking with peers and faculty while you complete projects remotely, just as teams do in the broader global marketplace.
- 100% Online: All software engineering master’s degree classes are conducted online by the same faculty who teach face-to-face classes on Penn State’s 24 traditional campuses. You’ll earn a diploma identical to the one earned by resident students.
- Applied HCI
- Pattern-Oriented Design
- Requirements Engineering
- Software Construction
- Database Design Concepts
- Software Systems Architecture
- Software System Design
- Software Project Management
- Web Security and Privacy
- Software Testing
- Software Engineering Studio
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering Machine Learning View 299 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- The program requires an undergraduate degree in engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science, or information science. Students from other undergraduate majors with extensive work experience in the software engineering field may be considered.
- All applicants are expected to have earned a junior/senior grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- English Proficiency
- Résumé — Upload a one- to two-page résumé highlighting your full-time employment and/or military experience to the online application.
- Statement of Intent (one page) — should outline personal career goals and reasons for wanting to enroll in the program. This statement should be specific and include information about short- and long-term goals and how enrolling in the program may help achieve them.
International18126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.