The health care landscape is constantly changing. As a nurse, you need to stay on top of the latest health practices, delivery systems, regulations, and administrative procedures. And now, with research indicating a clear link between higher levels of nursing education and better patient outcomes, it's no longer a luxury to update your knowledge; it's a necessity. A Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) at Pennsylvania State University can prepare you for leadership and educational positions by helping you stay at the forefront of this dynamic industry.
The core curriculum of the online MSN program covers the principles of health care policy and the leadership skills needed to influence positive changes in health care in organizations and on a national, state, or local level. While studying the relationships between practice and research in the development of nursing science, you can also learn about the health care system from global, health policy, and economic perspectives. You will cover complex issues and trends specific to nursing, as well as in the broader context of the health care industry, in order to promote the health of individuals, families, and communities throughout society.
Steady job growth is expected in health care for the next several years. As a graduate of the MSN degree program, you could be qualified for many career opportunities in hospitals, outpatient clinics, community care facilities, mental health and substance abuse hospitals, home health agencies, colleges/universities, and even business. Depending on the program option you choose, positions could include:
- nurse administrator
- nurse manager
- nurse executive
- chief nursing officer
- vice president of patient care
- director of quality improvement
- health care consultant
- director of nurse education/learning
- nursing instructor/faculty
- patient educator
- staff developer
- Synthesis and Application of the Nurse Educator Role
- Administration in Higher Education
- Synthesis and Application of the Nurse Administrator Role
- Healthcare Informatics
- Nursing Education Theories and Strategies
- Assessment and Evaluation in Nursing Education
- Pharmacologic Therapy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 392 other Masters in Nursing in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Pennsylvania State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Grades of B or better in all sciences and nursing courses
- College chemistry and statistics (NOTE: Chemistry is not required for those applying to the Nurse Administrator option.)
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- The program prefers an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.3.
- English Proficiency
- References (2)
- Personal Statement
International36252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 12 months.
National36252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.