Pennsylvania State University's online Master of Geographic Information Systems (MGIS) is an award-winning 36-credit program that allows experienced professionals to customize their GIS education to reflect their career interests.
We continually update our curriculum to reflect the latest developments in the industry, including conservation GIS, LIDAR technology, remote sensing, location intelligence for business, open web mapping, and more.
By advancing your education online while you work, you’ll be well on your way to designing, specifying, and managing complex geographic information infrastructures as a leader in such fields as:
- environmental resource management
- urban and regional planning
- local government
- surveying and cartography
- facilities management
- transportation planning
- Making Maps That Matter With GIS
- Problem Solving with GIS
- GIS Database Development
- Geospatial System Analysis and Design
- Remote Sensing Image Analysis and Applications
- Geographic Foundations of Geospatial Intelligence
- Geographical Information Analysis
- Geospatial Technology Project Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 35 other Masters in Geography in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Pennsylvania State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- GPA and Test Scores - Applicants with at least three years of professional experience may request that the GRE requirement be waived. If you satisfy that criterion and want to waive the GRE, please write a sentence to that effect in the notes section of the graduate school application.
- English Proficiency
- References (2)
- Personal Statement
International36252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 12 months.
National36252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1007 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.