The English As a Second Language program at California University of Pennsylvania states that you will benefit from:
- Asynchronous online courses that enable you to complete assignments at any time from any location.
- Instruction that focuses on research-based best practices in ESL education.
- Involvement in a global community of ESL
- Job-placement support from faculty, alumni and Cal U's Career
Cal U's M.Ed. in ESL will prepare you to be an effective teacher for the growing ESL population. In Pennsylvania, there is a shortage of ESL teachers, meaning there are many job opportunities.
Rewarding ESL career opportunities also exist throughout the United States and abroad, in both the public and private sectors. Cal U alumni have gone on to jobs as:
- ESL teachers at public and private elementary and secondary schools and tutoring centers.
- School counselors.
- Reading specialists.
- Speech pathologists.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction To English As A Second Language
- Developing Cultural Awareness And SensitIvity
- Methods Of Research
- Language Acquisition And Development
- Language Proficiency Assessment
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Communication Sciences Languages View 1098 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor's degree with a GPA of 2.80 or a 3.00 in last 48 credits earned (Students with a GPA below 2.80 may apply for conditional admission)
- Official transcripts from an accredited undergraduate institution
- Master's with certification AND Certification Only: Copy of teaching certification
- Applicants in other states will have six months after admission to secure and submit evidence of PA Department of Education certification
- Master's Only: Resume will be evaluated on the basis of prior studies and/or significant professional experience
International9288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 30 months.
National9288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 30 months.
In-State6192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 516 USD per credit during 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.