The graduate curriculum not only examines military battles, it addresses social structures, military attitudes, organizational relationships between officers and troops, and the interrelationships between military and civilian societies. Additionally, this online military history program emphasizes valuable research, writing and communication skills required by professionals in government, military services, or general business.
Many university faculty members teaching these courses are published historians or military leaders who bring unique perspectives and relevant research into the classroom. You’ll also connect and interact online with other students who share your enthusiasm for history.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning objectives, graduates the Master of Arts in Military History offered by American Public University System are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of historical individuals and events and the global complexity of human experiences over time and place.
- Distinguish the historical schools of thought that have shaped scholarly understanding of the profession.
- Apply persuasive arguments that are reasoned and based on suitable evidence.
- Evaluate secondary resources, through historiographical analysis, for credibility, position, and perspective.
- Assess a variety of primary sources, digital and archival, in the process of deeply researching the past.
- Generate research that makes original contributions to knowledge, through the use of advanced historical methods.
- Produce a high-quality research paper that meets professional standards typical for a conference presentation or academic publication.
More informationVisit official programme website
- American Military History
- American Revolution
- Civil War
- World War II
- War Since 1945
- Studies in U.S Military History
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesMilitary Science History View 39 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.