With this Space Studies Postgrad. Cert. at the American Public University, you’ll study advanced laws of planetary motion and gravitation and evaluate the political and commercial significance of national, international, and commercial space missions and joint operations.
This program uses a curriculum designed by a former NASA astronaut and is taught by expert practitioner-instructors. Faculty include scientists and engineers currently working for NASA, the space industry, and national astronomical observatories.
What You Will Do
- Learn the laws of planetary motion and gravitation, as well as the effects that gravity has on astronomical bodies
- Increase your knowledge of spacecraft maneuvers, including transfer orbits and rendezvous
- Enhance your understanding of organizations critical to the technological advance of American space
- Study the political and commercial significance of major national and international space missions, projects, and operations
- Understand key factors and events that shaped both the civilian and military exploration of space
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Space Studies
- Space Studies
- Orbital Mechanics
- Remote Sensing Satellites
- Current and Emerging Space Powers
- National Space Organization
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesAstronomy & Space Sciences Geology Natural Sciences View 22 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Please read all graduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit during 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.