This certificate in Space Studies offered by the American Public University System also teaches advanced laws of planetary motion and gravitation, and how to evaluate the political and commercial significance of national, international, and commercial space missions and joint operations.
The curriculum for this online program was originally designed by former NASA astronaut and Dean of Science and Technology Dr. James Reilly, veteran of three shuttle missions and five spacewalks. You will have the opportunity to learn from industry leaders in space and aerospace in this 6-course space studies program.
In addition to the institutional and general learning objectives, graduates of this program are expected to achieve these learning outcomes:
- Assess the laws of planetary motion and gravitation, illustrating the effects that gravity has on two-body mechanics.
- Analyze spacecraft maneuvers including transfer orbits and rendezvous.
- Distinguish organizations that are critical to the technological advance of the American space infrastructure.
- Evaluate the political and commercial significance of major national and international space missions, projects, and operations.
- Apply quantitative and qualitative research methods, and report such findings in a coherent manner (using both written text and graphics).
- Appraise key factors and events that have shaped both the civilian and military exploration of space.
- Explain various types of remote sensing applications and compare/contrast the capabilities and limitations of each.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Space Studies
- Introduction to Space Studies
- Introduction to Orbital Mechanics
- Remote Sensing Satellites
- Current and Emerging Space Powers
- National Space Organization
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesAstronomy & Space Sciences View 11 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU graduate programs require you to have earned a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- If you have a non-U.S. transcript, please view our International Admissions page for more information.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National370 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 370 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.